The Park Place building located in the heart of Northbrook and an unofficial landmark is a renovated retail space that adds to the vitality of the commercial district. The building, which housed an auto repair shop known as The Northbrook Garage, was built in phases, the earliest dating back to the early 1900’s. In 2008, the business ceased operations and was sold to The Equitable Group/TEF Shermer LLC. The owner had chosen to renovate the building and maintain the character, instead of tearing it down for new construction. Candid Sustainability’s full services were used to get the building to certification without negatively affecting the project budget.